CPHVA Monthly media digest March-April, 2002
Coverage generated by press releases during March - April 2002. Press release titles in bold.
Please note that the list of media ‘credits’ is not meant to be exhaustive. Some cuttings take time to come in, so the digest includes results received this month from releases sent out in previous months.
Besides, the CPHVA web site, the press releases are also sent to four other websites (listed below):
www.health-news.co.uk - "the largest specialist health news agency in Europe"
www.justfornurses.co.uk – backed by insurance company Eagle Star as "a brand building exercise"
www.nursingtimes.net – the Nursing Times website
www.sourceuk.net - site of the Public Management Journal
CPHVA director condemns MMR hysteria
Birmingham Post – Julie Kirkbride, MP calls for single vaccines, but CPHVA supports MMR
New primary cares boards ‘a bridgehead’, says CPHVA
Nursing Standard – carries CPHVA comments
Health visitor shortages in London could affect new PCTs, says CPHVA
Nursing Standard – Obi Amadi calls for greater recruitment effort
Nursing Times - " " " " "
Certification Officer backs CPHVA over not calling a special general meeting
Nursing Standard – CPHVA leaders ‘acted properly’
Nursing Times – ‘CPHVA breach of rules claim dismissed’
New chair elected for the Community Psychiatric Nurses Association
Nursing Times – carries story
Aberdeen Journal – carries story
‘A springboard for dramatic improvement in the nation’s health’, says CPHVA
Nursing Times – Jackie Carnell in budget preview would welcome budget friendly policy
Nursing Standard – Jackie Carnell in budget preview predicts tax rises to pay for NHS
Nursing Times – quotes Jackie Carnell saying this was ‘a watershed budget’
Other media mentions
1. Pat Jackson quoted on new report on sexually transmitted diseases. All services should be under one roof, she said.
2. Pat Jackson comments on photo of young woman, who died from heroin, re:
3. Jackie Carnell welcomes BMA report that says GPs should no longer be seen as
‘sole gatekeepers’ to the NHS
4. Story on Certification Officer hearing re: CPHVA special general meeting
5. Jackie Carnell quoted as saying new PCTs will be springboard to develop services locally
nurse workforce was "worrying "
2. Practice Nurse – Rosemary McQuarrie writes preview for Practice Nurse Conference
3. Practical Parenting – Obi Amadi interviewed
Shaun Noble, CPHVA Professional Communications Officer, April, 2002