Please note that the list of media ‘credits’ is not meant to be exhaustive. Some cuttings take time to come in, so the digest includes results received this month from releases sent out in previous months.
Besides, the CPHVA web site, the press releases are also sent to five other websites (listed below):
www.health-news.co.uk - "the largest specialist health news agency in Europe"
www.justfornurses.co.uk – backed by insurance company Eagle Star as "a brand building exercise"
www.nursingtimes.net – the Nursing Times website
www.sourceuk.net - site of the Public Management Journal
Name change to reflect new role of mental health nursing
Nursing Times – mentions name change as making itself more ‘attractive’ to mental health nurses
40 community nurses to share ‘£400,000 pay out’ in Bedfordshire and Luton
Nursing Times – mentions Luton story in article on smaller unions offering ‘targeted service’
Amicus –MSF opt for two-stage ballot on Agenda for Change
1. Nursing Times 29/4 – dates for CPHVA ballot mentioned
2. Nursing Times 29/4 – CPHVA members give their views on AfC.
3. Nursing Standard 23/4 – mentions CPHVA ballot
4. Nursing Standard 21/5 – health visitors accept 1st stage of NHS deal
5. Practice Nurse 23/5 – CPHVA balloting members
6. Health Service Journal 22/5 – ‘Clear Amicus mandate backs Agenda pilots’
7. Nursing Standard 21/5 – Barrie Brown quoted in article ‘Early implementers may wait months for pay rise’
8. Nursing Standard 21/5 – ‘Health visitors accept first stage of NHS deal’
30,000 UK schools being surveyed on ‘poor and smelly’ loos
1 (a) Nursing Times – Sue Vernon (Newcastle University) article highlight CPHVA’s Bog Standard campaign
1 (b) News article based on press release re: Bog Standard
Sexual health advisers in name change
Nursing Times – carries name change
Practice Nurse – carries name change
Five new multi-cultural booklets on mental health promotion produced by the CPHVA
Trans-cultural Nursing and Health Care Association newsletter – carries story with Bengali cover
www.sourceuk.net - site of the Public Management Journal – carries article based on the press release
Practice Nurse – carries story
Nursing Times – carries story with photo of Abi Sobowale
Health visitors to use own computers and mobile ‘to subsidise’ NHS – CPHVA survey
Yorkshire Post – health visitors ‘forced to use their own computers’
www.sourceuk.net - site of the Public Management Journal – two articles on the survey results – a straight report and opinion piece.
Nursing Times – ‘Staff use own mobile phones’
Northern Ireland health visitors ‘poor relations’ over computer use – CPHVA survey
Community nursing enters the portals of academia
Nursing Times – carries story
Community nurses seek early meeting with new Northern Ireland Children’s Commissioner
Community nurses surveyed on ‘epidemic’ of bullying
Nursing Times – carries story
Nursing Standard – carries story
Other media mentions
2. Sue Walters, Chair of CPHVA homeless SIG, a double-page spread
3. ‘Breast is best’ for first six months supported by CPHVA
4. Amicus (CPHVA) sign up to union ant-foundation hospital campaign
5. ‘Protest over DoH breastfeeding advice’
6. Briege Coyle says CPHVA ‘disappointed’ at government ruling out legal ban on smacking
7. Rosemary McQuarrie quoted on NICE guide to infection control
1. Mark Jones says that employers or the NMC should be responsible for logging workplace details re: list of registrants.
2. CPHVA welcomes government ‘breast is best’ policy
1. Four page article by Cheryll Adams on postnatal depression
The Times – CPHVA support Govt’s ‘breast is best for first six months’ call
www.health-news.co.uk – Rosemary McQuarrie interviewed on advice re: taking babies abroad
The SUN – Mark Jones quoted in feature article of safe way for babies to sleep
The Guardian – Briege Coyle quoted on babies sleeping on their backs
The Herald (Glasgow)- CPHVA support Govt’s ‘breast is best for first six months’ call
Yorkshire Post – " " " " "
Birmingham Post - " " " " "
South Wales Echo – " " " "
Scotland on Sunday " " " "
Lancashire Evening Telegraph – Shaun Noble interviewed on steps needed to combat ‘con woman’ district nurses
Mother & Baby – Obi Amadi interviewed on ‘clingy’ babies (with photo of Obi)
That’s Life magazine – Pat Jackson quoted on curved backs
Practice Nursing – Rosemary McQuarrie pens CPHVA response to DoH on supplementary prescribing
CPHVA Professional Communications Officer,